Saturday 31 December 2011

Otaru Outing

On the 28th, we went on a trip to Otaru, a city near Sendai. It was really pretty and a lot of fun, but so very very cold!

Along the canal looks really European! 

There was a queue to get your photo taken from this spot, so obviously, see queue join queue!

Cool sushi! Yummiest sushi ever for lunch, there are perks to being by the sea, even if it did make it very cold!

Otaru is famous for glass making...so I made my own! Photos to follow when it's shipped to me!

I wasn't very good and the lady laughed at me a lot, but it was a lot of fun.

Anyone got 2,000,000 yen (£20,000) to spare? 

I'm a (very unattractive in this photo) fish

I have no idea why there was a gondola in this shop!

These are made of glass. Aren't they cool?

Amy and John making friends with a massive snowman outside one of the many sweet shops we went into for free samples :)

Lots of pretty stained glass everywhere

Pretty in the snow, especially while inside!


Escaping from the cold is a perfect excuse for coffee and cake

This shop sold music boxes, and is Christmas personified!

1 comment:

  1. looks so pretty in the snow! I wanna make glass when I come visit!

    ReplyDelete